What to do when you’re in the middle of your craziest week yet? Bake cookies and try out your new cookie press!
I opted for very seasonal cute little pumpkins with orange sprinkles and simply veganized a recipe found in the The Joy of Cooking. And my first trip into cookie press territory was a success although I did admittedly have trouble at first but once I figured it all out, it was pretty simple and fun! A nice break from the studying I’ve been drowning in lately.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup Earth Balance Shortening
1/2 cup soy yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Cream together the sugar and shortening.
2. Add the soy yogurt and vanilla, beat to combine.
3. Sift in the flour and salt and cream until dough forms.
4. Place dough into cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.