Yawwwn. Despite having a long weekend last weekend, I feel like I could use another one. So to wake myself up, I filled out a survey. I love surveys. This one is brought to you by the lovely Jess of get sconed!.
1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Pumpkin Spice Tea! (Thanks Shannon!)
2. What vegan forms do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I post on the ppk under the name ‘Ash’.
3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Um. Hmm. When I think italian, I think tomato sauce so maybe pizza with tofu ricotta?
4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
No idea. I read a feed so it’s quite a few. Some days I don’t have time to read them all so I’ll have to spend one day reading a bunch in one sitting.
5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
Get Sconed! where I picked up this survey.
6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
There’s so many! Can we have a huge vegan blogger meet-up? I think it would have to be
Veggie Girl! because she would a) bake me something awesome b) teach me how to dance. I can’t dance. At all. I’m an embarassment on the dance floor.
7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Tofu! I don’t think I can ever tire of tofu, it’s so versatile and adaptive.
8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Seitan for sure.
9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Oh, um I don’t actually eat seitan that much, I just thought that with a name like Seitan it would be tough to be beat. So um, yeah.
10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
fatfreevegan’s Best Vegan Green Bean Casserole. I’ve never had green bean casserole before but it sounds and looks awesome.
11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
I have a “Please Don’t Eat Birds” tote bag from Herbivore.
12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
No. I would love to someday though but it’s like way over on the other coast.
13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
I was 17 and yes it stuck.
14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
Probably one of the many boring salads from a restaurant that wouldn’t have been my first choice to eat at.
15. What made you decide to blog?
I’m not sure, I was inspired by lots of other great vegan blogs and decided to give it a shot.
16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
This changes but lately it’s been:
1) Marinated and baked tofu with quinoa and steamed vegetables. (I make this SO often, it’s so easy to make)
2) Sesame Kale Soba
3) Chickpea Salad
17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Cajun Tofu from the Heartwood Bakery. I think I’ve ordered it three times.
19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
20. My kitchen needs a………
21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
All vegetables are welcome in to my kitchen. Except celery.
22. What’s for dinner tonight?
I’m not sure yet!
23. What’s your favourite cookie cutter?
Right now I’m really loving my bat shaped cookie cutter.