I’m working on something verrry special with the leftover pumpkin puree. But for now, here is some soup.
Today we are having our Thanksgiving dinner (instead of the usual tommorow) and I whipped up this lsoup for lunch today. It’s Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Curried Apples veganized from here. It was mighty tasty with a robust sweet potato flavour, sweet and spicy crisp of the apples and will keep me full until dinner tonight.
2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (3 or 4)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar vinegar
1 teaspoon brown rice syrup
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 small tart apple peeled, cored, and diced
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Place sweet potatoes on rack and roast until soft, about an hour. Discard skins once roasted.
2. Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, cook the onions in the olive oil until carmelized, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Add pepper and garlic, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add sweet potato puree and vegetable broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Puree the soup in a blender or with a hand blender if you are so lucky to have one.
6. In a small saucepan, add vinegar, brown rice syrup and curry powder, bring to a boil and then add the apple, cook for 1 minute.
7. Serve, garnish with the apples. Enjoy!