I’m still procrastinating. But I am multi-tasking! I’m writing an assignment while filling out this survey…
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soy. I always used to get So Nice because I rationalized that they’re a Canadian brand and Silk is apparently evil. But then, I became concerned about my B12 status and found that Silk had more B12 per serving then So Nice. Then I actually tried Silk and found I actually enjoyed its taste more. So to answer the question my soy beverage of choice is Silk with Omega 3 DHA. I also like Vanilla Silk which I didn’t know I liked until my dad accidentally bought me a carton instead of the original flavour so thanks, Dad!
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Spaghetti with Bean Balls from Veganomicon
Ginger-Macadamia-Coconut-Carrot Cake from Vegan with a Vengeance (but in mini-form! I got mini-cake pans at a huge sale yesterday.)
Hot Coco-Cocoa from Eat, Drink and be Vegan. I’ve had all the ingredients for it and everything as it was perfect hot cocoa weather last week but I haven’t got around to trying it yet.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I’ve never really tried toppings and it has been awhile since I’ve even had popcorn. I’ve heard that tamari and nutritional yeast are supposed to be good toppings though so I’ll try them the next time I have popcorn.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
My first vegan baking venture! It was a pumpkin spice cake with a cream cheese frosting. Well, for the frosting I picked up Tofutti Better than Cheese but discovered after I frosted and served the cake I had grabbed the herbed variety! (I *thought* those green things were rather odd) No one noticed though.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Dill pickles and my mom’s preserved beets.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a Favourites folder that is partially organized into sub-folders. (It needs to be re-organized though)
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
I remember my mom making her Cinnamon Loaf on snow days, I can smell the aroma now…mmmm…
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Hmmm, Purely Decadent Cherry Nirvana.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
I know it’s not an appliance but I just love my pink knife. I find it’s just the right size for my small hand and it doesn’t hurt that it’s pretty. But appliance…I’m not sure I have the worst luck with appliances, both my blender and food processor just fried on me. Oh! My Waffle-maker, it always makes perfect waffles every time.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
I just started my cookbook collection last year so my oldest is Vegan with a Vengeance.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Any dessert. Cake is always good. And waffles, I’m not that great at pancakes but damn, can I make some mean waffles.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I’ve really been loving tempeh lately but it could be a phase.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I think it’s been well established that my favourite meal is breakfast.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
My father’s paperwork.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Rolled oats. Frozen blueberries. Frozen bananas.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Kale. Honeycrisp Apples. Tofu.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Pete’s Frootique. So much variety and lots of local produce. But I probably do most of my shopping at the larger-scale Superstore.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
My mom’s cinnamon loaf that I mentioned earlier.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Dutch-processed cocoa. Yeah, it’s not that extravagant but I’ve never bought it before.