I have this HUGE jar of Almond Butter and there’s probably no way I’ll finish it before its expiration date. At least that’s what I thought until I whipped these up this morning, I even (kind of) made up the recipe! I say kind of because I derived it from a peanut butter cookie recipe (My favourite! From Vive le Vegan), but I feel that I derived it enough to call it my recipe. I think they’re really good, creamy, almondy cookies.
Almond Butter Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbs sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 tbs canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in the sugar and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter with the maple syrup and extracts. Stir in the oil.
4. Add the dry mix to the wet mix until well combined.
5. Place tablespoon-fuls of dough on cookie sheets. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on racks.
Close-up of the crinkly goodness…