Even though I do know how to spell it. This survey was a lot of fun to do, it may not be about food but you’re probably getting a little sick of food anyway at the end of Mofo, right? Just kidding. I was tagged by the lovely Josey of Vancouver Vegan to complete this fun survey. I was going to include a picture of my closet but then I took a look at my closet and let’s just say well it has been a busy few weeks of school work…
1. What is fashion/style to you?
Fashion to me is expression and creativity. It’s all about representing who you are and how you want to be read in society.
2. Describe your style.
Classic. I don’t dress over the top and follow trends. I like to stick to the pieces that never go out of style. I hope that one day I can look back at photos and not be like ‘What the hell was I thinking??’.
3. Your favorite look/fashion style/genre.
I’m not sure. I love looking at old photos of 60s bands and celebrities so that one.
4. Fashion style/look that you are into lately.
There’s been this look in the magazines that they’re calling rock or something like that and I love the accessories-big boots, bags with studs…none of it seems to very vegan though.
Other than that, just the classic looks I was talking about earilier.
5. Your favorite fashion item.
I have two!
Scarves! I am with the philosophy that you can never have too many and they can make something as basic as a black tee and jeans look awesome.
Cardigans! I have a huge weakness for cardigans. It’s kind of ridiculous. I have…7? Or more?
6. What plays the most important role when you’re choosing your outfit?
How I feel that day.
7. Least favorite look/style/fashion item.
-legging as pants! NOT flattering. EVER.
-pants half way down your ass (guys, I’m looking at you!)
But there aren’t too many that bother me, as long as you’re dressing true to how you want to dress, I’m down with that.
8. Does your style change often?
Not really. I stick to shades neutral colours-black, gray, navy and brown with a little bit of colour. And I’ve been rocking that for a few years. It does change though but slowly.
9. A girl’s wardrobe essentials?
A favourite pair of jeans.
A few scarves.
A pair of boots.
10. Your fashion motto:
11. Your fashion role model/icon.
There’s no one whose style I model myself after but I do admire the wardrobes of these people:
Rachel Bilson (she likes scarves too!)
12. Your favorite brands?
I don’t really have one.
13. What do you do when you see somebody wearing the exact same outfit that you are wearing?
It’s never happened to me, and I find it hard imagining that it would happen. I’d probably laugh it off awkwardly. Or stare them down.
14. Do you like to follow the trends often?
Not at all.
15. Your fashion secrets/tips:
Don’t dress like the Olsen twins (I mean who would have ever thought that hobo chic would become a term?).
Buy clothes that fit. Even if that size on the tag isn’t what you normally buy.
Wear what you like.
Keep it simple.
16. Your favorite fashion model?
Like runway model? I don’t have one. I mean, Kate Moss can make wellies look cool so maybe her if I had to choose?
17. Favorite fashion mag?
I’ve been liking InStyle lately. It’s so big and there’s lots of pictures.
18. Do you like to give fashion advice to other people?
Yeah. I don’t do it too often though but if someone asks, I’m pretty honest.
19. The best look on opposite gender?
The first thing that came to mind was ‘clean’, ha ha. I like how guys look when they dress ‘dressy-casual’
20. What is the most dominant colour in your closet/wardrobe?
Black. Although gray’s becoming a close second.
21. Favorite fabric/texture of clothes?
Is it viscose? That tree fiber thing, it feels sooo soft as a sweater.
22. Favorite clothing details?
Any thing that contrasts. Like my latest cardigan purchase that’s black with tiny white buttons. It just really makes the cardigan.
23. Favorite print?
I’m usually a solid girl. I wear stripes often though. I’ve been looking for a cream sweater with thin navy stripes so if anyone sees one around, let me know!
24. Your favorite no-fail clothing items?
Cardigan, skinny jeans, scarf, slouchy black boots.
25. What do you “collect”?
As mentioned previously, scarves and cardigans! Scarves are the only accessory I wear a lot actually.
26. How do you take care of your clothes?
I try to hand wash stuff or wash them on delicate, washers are so mean to clothes.
27. Favorite shopping spots/places?
Anywhere and everywhere. I can find stuff anywhere, like my yellow scarf that I found at the duty free shop at the Canada-USA border.
28. What is the oldest item in your closet?
I purge stuff a lot so there isn’t anything too old. Unless you count my mom’s scarves and belts from the 80s that I ‘borrowed’.
29. Which fashion era is your favorite?
60s! I love the mod look. And the laid-back look of the 70s is another favourite. I also love love love the roaring 20s look.
30. What inspires your style/fashion?
People on the street, pictures from different eras (20s+)…
Tag people to do this: